Success Class Concepts
Success classes are held twice a month for each grade. The students come from non-core classes of PE, Keyboarding, Art, and also the 7th & 8th grade History classes. It has been said that the “hard skills” (math, language, science, etc.) will get you a job. The “soft skills” (personal skills of getting along, problem solving, goal setting, etc.) will help you keep a job. Success classes focus primarily on these soft skills.
This year, students in grades 5, 6, and 7 will go through The Character Chronicles, a video series created and produced by Elkind+Sweet Communications, Inc. in association with Character Counts! Co-Produced by Amy Lawday Productions.
Aug-Sept. Trustworthiness +Internet Safety
- Being honest. Don’t lie, cheat, or steal.
- Being reliable. Keeping your promises and following through on your commitments.
- Having the courage to do what is right, even when it is difficult.
- Being a good friend by showing you are trustworthy.
Oct.-Dec. Respect + Red Ribbon Week
- Treating people the way you want to be treated.
- Treating people with civility, courtesy, dignity.
- Being sensitive to other people’s feelings.
- Not insulting people or making fun of them.
- Not ridiculing or embarrassing people.
- Not going along with prejudices or racist attitudes.
- Doing what needs to be done.
- Being reliable and dependable.
- Being accountable for your actions.
- Not making excuses or blaming others.
- Following through on your commitments.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated
- Treat people impartially and without prejudice.
- Consider the feelings of all people who will be affected by your actions.
- Be open-minded and reasonable.
- Play by the rles
- Don’t take advantage of others.
- Be sensitive to people’s feelings.
- Treat people with kindness and generosity
- Think about how your actions will affect others.
- Never be mean or hurtful
- Help people in need.
- Always remember—we become caring people by doing caring things.
Suicide Prevention QPR
Utah Student Planning Guide:
Purpose of Middle School
Studying for Success
Protecting your Identity
Holland Personality Types
Jobs matching Holland Codes
3s of College
Paying for post-high school ed.
College Requirements & SMART goals
Looking for the best college for you
Personal CCA-SEOP, Registering for HS
Volunteerism & Community Involvement